September 11, 1990
- 6 medium apples, pared and sliced
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour, sifted (60 gm / 2oz)
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup softened butter or margarine (95 gm / 3½oz)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar (120 gm / 4 oz)
- 1/2 cup oatmeal flakes (25 gm / 1 oz)
- 3/4 tsp (4ml) ground nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C).
Grease baking dish with additional butter and arrange apple slices in it.
Cut the flour into the softened butter until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Then add the other ingredients and mix thoroughly.
Sprinkle the dry mixture over top of the apples.
Bake 30 minutes, or until apples are cooked and topping is golden-brown.