November 12, 1994
makes 1 dozen
|3/4 cup||yellow cornmeal|
|2||lemons (zest of both and juice of one)|
|1/2 cup||butter, chilled|
|1 2/3 cups||flour|
|1/2 tsp||baking soda|
|1 tsp||baking powder|
- Preheat oven temp to 375 F (190 C)
- Combine cornmeal and buttermilk and set aside.
- Using food processor chop lemon zest. Add sugar and process until zest is finely chopped.
- Cut butter into 1" cubes and add to work bowl. Process on/off, on/off until creamed.
- Add eggs and blend.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add cornmeal mixture to batter and blend in quickly.
- Add dry ingredients, all at once, and blend in quickly.
- Spoon batter into paper-lined muffin cups.
- Bake 20-25 minutes