September 25, 2011
Yield: approximately 3 1/2 dozen depending on size
|2 squares||unsweetened chocolate, melted|
|4 cups||packed shredded coconut|
|1 can (14 oz)||sweetened condensed milk|
- Mix melted unsweetened chocolate with sweetened condensed milk and shredded coconut; mix thoroughly.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto well greased baking sheet, 1" apart.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350 F), 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool slightly before removing from pan.
Plain coconut macaroons:
- Omit the chocolate and use 1 lb shredded coconut.
- Mix and bake as above.
Yield: Approximately 4 to 4 1/2 dozen depending on size.