October 1, 1996
|1/2 cup||brown sugar|
|1/3 cup||rolled oats|
|1/4 cup||butter, melted|
|1 1/2 cups||brown sugar (firmly packed)|
|2/3 cup||vegetable oil|
|2 1/2 cups||flour|
|1 tsp||baking soda|
|2 cups||apples (peeled, cored and very thinly sliced)|
Oven temp: 350 F (preheated)
Yields: 1 - 1 1/2 dozen (large) muffins
Use greased or paper lined muffin tin
- Combine brown sugar, flour, rolled oats, butter and cinnamon and mix until crumbly
- Cream together sugar, oil, egg and vanilla.
- Mix together flour, soda, salt and cinnamon.
- Blend flour mixture and buttermilk alternately into creamed mixture.
- Add apple slices amd mix until just combined.
- Spoon batter into muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.
- Sprinkle generously with topping.
- Bake 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.